Thursday May 23, 2013
Our 5 Befeficiary Projects
The Tree of Hope Campaign is an annual event of the Dr. Georges-L.-Dumont Hospital Foundation which furthers the development of the Dr. Léon-Richard Oncology Centre, improves quality of care for patients staying at the Mgr. Henri Cormier Lodge, enhances research efforts in New Brunswick in the fight against cancer, and the promotes healthy lifestyles.
During the 2012 Tree of Hope Campaign, the Foundation will help further the goals of the Dr. Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre by directing funds raised to the following projects:
1. Software - Funds from this year's Campaign will be used to add specialized modules to current software programs that will help make the radiotherapy service at the Dr. Léon-Richard Oncology Centre more effective and efficient by enhancing the management of medical information, imaging, planning and administering of treatments.
2. Purchase of a High definition Rhinolaryngoscope - This instrument is used in the detection of lesions in the throat, the larynx, the vocal chords and nose. This equipment allows the medical professional to visualize the lesion in a very detailed fashion and take digital images.
3. PET/CT - This piece of equipment plays an important role in oncology. It helps in cancer diagnostic and in determining its extension and evaluating the effectiveness of treatments. This is not only an important acquisition for medical professionals, but also for patients treated at the Dr. Léon-Richard Oncology Centre.
4. Mgr. Henri-Cormier Lodge fund - funds will be invested towards various improvement projects to maintain the comfort of patients residing at the Lodge.
5. Research - The most important research at the Atlantic Cancer Research Institute is oriented towards breast cancer, leukemia and lymphomas. The funds raised during the Tree of Hope Campaign will increase research capacity in various applications in oncology.